- WWF launches Coastal Project on Water and Sanitation at Kakapir and Soomer villages
- Water for future: Rainwater harvesting drive
- Campaign to preserve groundwater
- URBANISATION PROCESS: Study on vulnerability assesment
- Rainwater harvesting a boon to Lalitpur folk
- Community gets its own supply of water
- Traditional Water management and Machhendranath Festival
- UN HABITAT & UNICEF support promotion of arsenic mitigation options in terai districts of Nepal
- UN Habitat supporting EcoSan Toilet Promotional Campaign in Nagarkot
- Call to preserve traditional water management system
- Urbanisation in the spotlight as world marks first World Cities Day
- Bajura yet to rid itself of Chhaupadi tradition
- M-WASH-CC Formation in Sandhikharka Municipality
- Voice from slum
- World Habitat Day to be observed on Monday
- Squatters to be consulted to resolve their problem
- World Habitat Day 2014 Message of the UN-Habitat Executive Director Dr. Joan Clos
- ‘Give Slum Dwellers a Voice’, Secretary-General says in Message for World Habitat Day
- Construction of temporary shelters gaining momentum
- Urban challenges emerging one month after Nepal earthquake.
- Japan and UN-Habitat to provide shelter support in Nepal before and during monsoon
- Nepal: Another 7.3 magnitude earthquake wreaks further havoc
- UN-Habitat ready to support Shelter, WASH and Early Recovery in Nepal
- UN-Habitat Regional Director visit Gamcha
- 'Rebuilding the hearts of people'
- Shelter project team set off for field mission
- Youth Volunteers Revive Over 100 toilets in four days
- Bardiya declared Terai first ODF District
- UN-Habitat promoting safer building solutions
- Relief materials to vulnerable women
- UN-Habitat and IUTC trained urban practitioners in Land Readjustment
- Rebuilding what is holy
- Post-quake urban challenges complex: Padma Sunder Joshi
- Community Information Center formally opened
- Training People on Sustainable and Safer Building Construction
- National level interaction on rebuilding Bungamati
- “Happily shifted in my own Temporary Shelter”
- Illegal settlement sprawl risks up
- Safer Homes
- Rebuilding Nepal
- Beneficiaries’ immediate woes fade away
- GSF programmes empower close to 10 million to end open defecation
- Strong steps towards total sanitation in Nepal as officials declare Sunsari and Nuwakot districts free of open defecation
- World Cup 2018 Football Screening in Bungamati
- UN-Habitat Supports Nepal Government in Conducting Training Workshop and National Consultation Symposium on Fit for Purpose Land Administration – From Policy to Implementation
- Heritage Walk Program to Engineer Students
- Proud to be involved in UN-Habitat initiative of 'De-Pukhu - State pond of Bungamati' revitalization programme
- Through UN-Habitat's skill based training, now I can make perfect 'Yomari' and hoping to sell them in future from home
- Hand Washing Station was installed at Kangeshwori Temple
- Little girl washing hand at newly installed Eco-Foot Operated Hand Washing Station at Bansighat, Kathmandu
- Girl washing hand at Eco-Foot Operated Hand Washing Station at Kalimati Vegetable Market. UN-Habitat Nepal had installed 20 such hand washing stations at 20 strategic places.
M-WASH-CC Formation in Sandhikharka MunicipalityPosted 17 October, 10:07 am
Arghakhanchi, Municipality level Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordination Committee has been formed today in Sandhikharka Municipality of Arghakhanchi District.
Sandhikharka Municipality has been formed incorporating 7 VDCs. Village level Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Coordination Committees had been formed in all the VDCs; and GSF Program has facilitated to implement the sanitation campaign in all those VDCs.
After formation of municipality, it is obligatory to form Municipality Level WASH-Coordination Committee as guided by Sanitation and Hygiene Master Plan of Nepal.
Today, representative mass meeting was called by Sandhikharka Municipality for formation of M-WASH-CC. The committee has been formed in chairpersonship of Mr. Krishna Prasad Sapkota, Executive Officer of Sandhikharka Municipality where Mr. Lila Ram Gautam, Public Health Officer of District Health Office acts as Member-Secretary of the committee.
The mass meeting has decided to declare the municipality ODF as soon as possible. “We shall be the first newly formed municipality to declare it ODF”, said Mr. Krishna Prasad Sapkota, Chairperson of M-WASH-CC.
Similarly, the mass meeting has decided to form secretariat and advisory committee by the first meeting of M-WASH-CC. Likewise, it has been decided to make active participation in the ODF declaration ceremony from all the wards actively.
The program has been facilitated by Ms Bishnu Dawadi (DC of UN Habitat), Mr Binod Prasad Sharma (DC of UN Habitat for Dhanusha District) and Mr Gopal Ghimire (Capacity Building Expert of ECARDS Nepal).